Tuesday 22 July 2014

it's raining cobnuts...




I swear that the squirrel was aiming at me. I was quietly standing under the cobnut tree admiring the early evening sun when hard little missiles rained down. The scratching in the leaves overhead soon revealed the culprit with tiny hands cupped around a cobnut, miniature teeth bit the top off before he discarded the next one that joined the others on the woodland floor, only just avoiding me. 

(Please excuse the too many photo's...but I just love trees...
debx)

4 comments:

  1. Never too many photos!!! It looks like you had a wonderful walk at just the perfect time of day. Silly little squirrel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. He was so bold. Usually they scurry away at the sight of humans but he just carried on gorging and hurling down the left-overs. He/she was very small I suspect quite young maybe one of this years babies.

      Delete
  2. loved the outing, is it near you? I think what I like most about the woods is the earthy scent that goes with the walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at the end of our current garden Karen. We've been fortunate that where we've currently been living over the past twenty years or so we have a gate at the end of the garden into the woods. It was the main attraction when we first bought this house all those years ago. We used to walk there every day often wandering in with a mug of coffee in our hands, sometimes very early still in our PJ's. But over the last year have been so busy that we've had little time to do so. Since last week when I decided I had to take a little time to enjoy the garden we've been going for a short walk each evening.
      It smells amazing especially that pile of wood. I think it was pine and the smell was amazing so fresh.
      Fortunately there are woods close by the new house where hopefully we'll be able to continue the habit we've picked up again.
      debx

      Delete